Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone
after a couple of years of no problems with my 02 sedona its just died

on the school run i was turning left and it knocked twice quite loud then when i turned in any direction the knocking was there again and almost feeling like it was slipping then biting, then after a couple of miles i had to stop on a slight incline and then when i went to set off it had no drive what so ever,i tried to reverse a little and it finally bit then i was able to get to work in gear and limped it home slowly feeling like the front end was weaving all over with the slightest turn of the wheel???
gearbox or cv joints or diff??????? any ideas please help

ps its a manual if thats any help
many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've just jacked up the front O/S of the car and put it in gear the wheel locks as normal but when i do it on the nearside wheel it spins freely?
any ideas

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had a simliar problem and it was an outer cv joint had broken up, the inner one went soon after!!!!! seems a common problem on older high milers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just had the garage on the phone and the thanet bearings? have collapsed so it needs a new gearbox
saying it could be £1000's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE ended up getting a 2nd hand box from bickford salvage( the 1st box to turn up had a broke input shaft so 1 week later they sent a replacement)got it put in and now the garage says it wont go in gear, after they spoke to kia they say its the shift fork thats prone to going
this is getting bloody expensive now

·
Registered
662 Posts
sounds like you mean the clutch release bearing fork thease are prone to bending and then you dont get full clutch engagement so it wont fully engage the clutch allowing gears to be selected with engine running if gears select ok with engine not running then that will be your issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts