Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have Sorento kx2 sat nav and the gearbox is becoming "Obstructive." I want to check the oil but I'm not sure where the gearbox oil filler plug is located. Can anyone tell me? Also, does anyone know of a workshop manual for it? It is a 2.2 crdi manual.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
No workshop manuals. You need to remove the splash tray underneath the engine and them lay underneath and you will se the fill and drain plugs. Presuming the motor is manual box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Birdman. Could you be a bit more precise? I have found the drain plug and I thought I'd found the filler (ordinary hex bolt head) but when I started to remove it there was resistance, like there was a tensioned spring behind it and I lost confidence and tightened it again, not wanting to damage the gearbox. Is it an ordinary hex head bolt or a socket bolt. Any info about it's precise location would be very much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.