Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2006 2.0ltr diesel 4wd with 26000 miles on the clock and have a transmission rattle at between 1500 and 2000 revs in any gear more so when working ie climbing dealer says its front end as they removed prop they changed all transmission oils but still there can anyone please help shed some light on this .thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you sure its gearbox noise.
I have a rattle just like you describe.

It comes in at 1800 Rpm under acceleration, they seem a bit vague.

But two mechanics who have heard it seem to think its a sloppy injector causing a diesel knock.

Its not being picked up on a diagnostics though.

It goes in next week for repair.

The way I would describe my noise..........like a machine gun going off, but passes after 2000 Rpm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi thanks , i think thats just how ours sounds hope it sorts it out for you . Could you please let me know. mine going in in october was going to have clutch replaced but i will mention your info to them figers crossed thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will let you know how I get on.
My Sportage has 50.000 on the clock.

Your car seems to have low mileage for clutch probs.

Unless these cars are prone to somthing ???.

Does anyone else hereknow about this kind of problem with Sportages ???.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, we had same problem with petrol sportage(TITAN), dealer stripped gear box found no problems, they said it was transfer box ?? front of gear box apparently, stripped that and still had the problem, but not so noticable

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for that.
My car goes in tomorrow, and just phoned tha garage to confirm that.

What gets me is, the car works fine other than the start of the rev range.

I shalpost the outcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
paull1603.
Well my car went in today.

Main dealers reckon they need it back in a couple of weeks.

They are going to strip the gearbox.

It seems its not a Diesel knock at all, Oh boy here we go.

I shall keep posting re this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you'll find they'll Kia that is, try to identify everything that will direct you away from the costly design fault of Kia's teh transmission.. see my reply as follows..
Hi... Hows the rattle..???? same here, had a loud engine/gearbox rattle for 12 months, finally identified astransmissionproblems.!!! and from 2 estimates given by 2independentgarages.. the repair will be approx £1500.00 - £2000.00. seems as if this is more wide spread then our our cars, the problems you'll always have is KIA like all other car companies is not going to admitetheyhave a faulty design issue and recall all cars for gear box replacements. The know we're british and will grin an bear it and foot the cost oftheirdesign short falls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well.
My 2005 crdi 4wd went in yesterday.

Now this is the Fifth time to the main dealers re this problem.

The car was bought from them second hand, the following day taken back with this rattle.

I want it fixed.

Seems now that its not a Diesel Knock as I was told.

Looks as if its the Flywheel.

Will keep posting re this, and hopefully will have a fix next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi sorry for late reply i got new tyres in the spring, i do nnoy see any indication of excessive wear just yet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, You'll find complaining to KIA UK is the only way forward, the dealers will not get involved in a lengthy argument about the fault you and so many have, they just want the service work and labour cost's, if they did'nt they'd all be out of work.
Kia Customer services rang me yestareday and informed me, very politly.. Forums are full of time wasting complainers who only complain with thier key board.Your rattle will be with you for a long time unless the transmission is taken out... at your cost. £500.00 labour straight away. Kia explained its out of warranty and tuff... if its a design fault.. you need to email KIA UK with the Transmission complaint about rattling... as we all do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Report to watch dog as I just have.. the only way of gettign it resolved with you paying a huge bill fop thier design fault.. '''''gear box rattle''''

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I can assure oyu injectors dont casue the car to shake........ report to watch dog as I just have.. the only way to resolve this problems without you having to pay out yourself for thier design fault..
'gear box rattle'

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a couple of injectors go on a freelander, this didn't cause any kind of diesel knock.
I was a bit doubtful at that diagnosis.

I shall give the dealerchance to put this right, there is a flywheel on order.

They are doing this at their expence.

see what happens next week.

paull1603

let us know how you get on mate.

scubacolin.
<DIV id=proMenu8946 ="dropDownMenu">
http://...kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/pm_buddy_list.asp?name=scubacolinInteresting Posts mate.

I am listening, and thanks for your input.
Edited by: Homeless

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wellits had a new Flywheel.
And guess what, its still rattling.

The dealer seems at a loss to explain what is wrong.

So I sold the car back to them, I just lost @@@ing patience with it.

I need to Tow with it, and have no confidence in this car.

I am very happy with the deal, and the dealer.

So its goodbye Rattling Sportage.

Will be watching this forum to see how you Guys get on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts