Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys hope someone can give me some useful advise, had the 1.4 Rio sx for 5 yrs lovely little car and the wife just loves it, only done 36000 miles so never been really hammered. Drove into a car park reversed twenty feet drove into parking space now cannot select any gear, engine starts if clutch dipped but car does not lurch forward or backwards ir trying to start it with clutch up, if you start the engine then release the clutch it stalls any ideas please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Geordiesdadjust a guess. It could be the gear selector, when you engaged reverse it stayed engaged even when you later selected a forward gear. So the car is trying to go backward and forward at the same time. When you say you can't select any gear does that include reverse (which might de select all forward gears just leaving reverse). Anyway good luck I hope you are soon on the road again.
regards
Kayem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise guys just managed to get on it and yes the selector was jammed so got it free, but now can only select 3 and 4 anybody know where I can get a selector diagram to see where the problem is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts