Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justreversed 2002 Kia Sedona SE TDI out of drive, selected 1st gear and moved a short distance, thentried to select reverse again but the gear lever just flops from top to bottom of its movement range. The car is nowstuck in 1st gear, any ideas ?

Elsimo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, is it a big job are the cables readily available fromKIA any idea of the cost ?

Elsimo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI just an update. Have today stripped the gear cables out and as diagnosed by Murphwiz one of the cabels has broken. (The short Black One) Phoned the dealer who wants £195 plus the vat for replacements. So this afternoon have have been trawling the internet for secondhand parts . Thanks for the recommendation Bruno 1926, have tried Sedonagary but unfortunatley he does no have any at the moment.
Now awaiting response from a few other breakers that I have tried.
Did wonder if I could braze the cable back into the connector as it has broken just at the point where it has been swaged into it, but need to drill the old piece of cable out first and it is made of very hard steel which any of the drill bits that I have won't touch. Will advise progress

Thanks Guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts