Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Venga massive..

I've got my gear knob turning when I change gear ..tried tightening it but I can only get half a turn on the stick to fully tight and it would be in the wrong position if left there.. have any of you taken off your knob and put it back on..there is obviously some kind of mechanism under the gear lever gator which allows us to engage reverse so I dont want to just unwind the knob and then find I cant engage reverse when I screw it back on.. thinking of winding on some PTFE tape in the hope that the knob will sit tighter on the gearlever..

Any help and tips would be appreciated.. (y)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think PTFE tape will be too thin and slippery for a half turn to tighten up upon. Instead I would suggest masking tape. OR if you have it a drop of locktite.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think PTFE tape will be too thin and slippery for a half turn to tighten up upon. Instead I would suggest masking tape. OR if you have it a drop of locktite.
I think you misunderstood my post.. half a turn takes the knob into a sideways position so I need to take it off and try again with the tape on to see if I can get it to tighten in the correct position and stay there.. but as said do not want to attempt this in case I loose reverse when screwing the knob back on..

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I have just done a vid search and think I have pretty much answered my own question..was wondering what was under the gaiter and think I have found out what.. nothing for the venga or ix20 but did find one for the i30..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts