Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive just bought my first kia (ceed 4 tech) 2013 with 50k on the clock. Seems a nice car but having issues getting into 1st gear either from neutral or down from 2nd. I know from what I've read that the gear box is clunky but most of the time it needs double declutching to get there.
Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where's the clutch biting point at? It is very low, (near carpet?) some people have had issues with this little clutch damper that cause the clutch to not fully disengage. Others have had a bent release fork and other bits.

Is your car still under warranty? You could get Kia to investigate but if they find the clutch is worn they'll want to then charge you for replacement, if it's found not to be the clutch you can pay for the parts and get a new clutch while they fix whatever else is at fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for replying.
Yeah the biting point is quite low, maybe 2/3 inches from carpet. I have 4 months left on warranty and was going to get sat nav updated so I think I'll ask about it. Drove fine during test drive so not sure why its starting now. Nice to have a some idea what it could be, other than the clutch before taking it to kia.
Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would start by telling them that you have no issues in regards to clutch slipping, juddering, or screeching... it is hard to get in gear like the clutch isn't disengaging fully- Hopefully pushing out of their minds the initial 'clutch disc needs doing' scenario.

If you have 4 months warranty I'd get it booked in for investigation if you want to go down that route as it can take a while to get an appointment. What they will probably do is remove the gearbox and measure the thickness of the disc - Kia Cee'd - Repair procedures - Clutch Cover And Disc

If the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel etc look to be in spec you can ask them to investigate the gearbox itself, the clutch release system etc. It's a risk incase they do find it is your clutch, but if they do replace other parts you can pay for the replacement of the clutch at the same time. (prices here - Genuine Clutch Parts Kia Ceed 2012-2016 1.6 CRDi (128 bhp) Diesel)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts