Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gear change indicator on manual 6 speed gearbox, according to handbook it tell`s you when to change up and down the gears, ours only works when going up the box and maybe it`s me but it has you in 6th gear at very low speed and i worry i am labouring the engine, but as i don't get very good MPG wondering if this is where i am going wrong. Is driving at just over 1200 rpm normal with a modern engine?

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is with a diesel. I've had to totally change my driving style for a TD, in part at least due to the visible fuel economy indicator. Mine show to change down around 1000 rpm I think. I wants to change up around 2000rpm at the most.
It's also a little quick off the mark as far as I can see. Fuel economy can drop when you put it up when it reckons, unless your accelerating through the gears quite a bit.

Slim

·
Registered
140 Posts
My FE 2.0 dieselindicates both up an down changes that should be made. If you're not used to a diesel then it will be a little strange to start with.

As a very general rule it will look for sixth gear at 40 mph on the flat.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mine indicates up and down as well but I don't see the down one very often as I have usually beaten it! One the odd occasion it has lit up telling me to change down I felt that the engine was labouring somewhat so would normally have done so anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys, had a look today and it definitely only indicates up and not down!
Will have to get them to have a look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts