Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gear cables sheared on me, the black one. Replacing the cables my self (oh no) I am not a mechanic, but after seeing the part I am confident with the job at hand. The tow truck guy manually left car in neutral so that is my ref point.
Used cables (they come in pairs as a unit, red/black) £89. New £250. I have cleared the working area and taken out the entire cable system,1 hr, hardest part taking out the centre consol without cracking clips.5 bolts hold gear lever set up in place,follow cables to bulk head 2 nuts and a plate. Then twopins to release cable end to gear/engine housing. REMOVE air fillter first plenty of space and nobuggered knuckles. Tools very basic sockets ring spanner, 1 cup tea.Will try photo load up.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Sedona, you are not having a lot of luck with the beast but it will be like new when you have donr. All the best

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bruno1926 said:
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Sedona, you are not having a lot of luck with the beast but it will be like new when you have donr. All the best
Thanks Bruno. I have done the job see recent post, the car does drive better than when bought. Have photos but what to do with them ???!!!
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
stevegx said:
bruno1926 said:
Thanks Bruno. I have done the job see recent post, the car does drive better than when bought. Have photos but what to do with them ???!!!
Steve Gx Blackpool
Glad you are getting it sorted out. Its like anything else when you buy a second hand car its a lottery with them. I've bought/sold numerous cars for my self and the kids and even being a mechanic you can still be caught out sometimes. mate of mine bought a 207 (2002) estate purely on the good price it was for sale at but it came with a list of faults and just sounded dodgy but the price seduced him and 3 months plenty of cash spent he finaaly got the car he thought he was getting in the first place but had lost heart in it so sold it and he was a mechanic as well . Glad you are percivering with the sedona as they are good cars just need a lot of fettling on a regular basis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts