Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i own a 55 sportage 2 ltr diesel,havin problems with what i think is gearbox noise? Same noise in any gear 1800-2500rpm,rattling/vibration,also round town 30mph in 4th,put foot down same accurs?been into kia,they replaced exhaust flex 1st,2nd,either release bearing or clutch plate cant remember which? Now this did cure it 4 couple of weeks but comin back.Took it back in as it was somtimes difficult 2 change gear 2nd to 3rd.Can you suggest what i do now? or is it how they are?Brilliant car otherwise!! Cheers, Quent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems there are a few of us with the same issue, I replied with the following to another gearbox rattle poster....

Hi... Hows the rattle..???? same here, had a loud engine/gearbox rattle for 12 months, finally identified astransmissionproblems.!!! and from 2 estimates given by 2independentgarages.. the repair will be approx £1500.00 - £2000.00. seems as if this is more wide spread then our our cars, the problems you'll always have is KIA like all other car companies is not going to admitetheyhave a faulty design issue and recall all cars for gear box replacements. The know we'ree british and will grin an bear it and foot the cost oftheirdesign short falls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi,

Im having these same issues, could someone elaborate on what causes this problem.

Be interesting to know if its worthing looking into before winter, hopefully its not something that is terminal.

cheers

paul.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Paul,
Its one of those 'rock and a hard place' situations that Kia claims unless you take it to them and agree to pay for the investigation... tough.. and as you can see from every one else's, Kia attempted solutions, it could be several things of which 'NO CURRENT SOLUTION HAS CURED THE PROBLEM OUTRIGHT'. That is because none of the solutions attempted or admitted by Kia involved transmission re-build (£1500.00-£2000.00) at your cost, unless you report this to Kia UK and as I already have they refuse to get involved with forum talk; even their own site is ignored. Imagine what a recall of just the uk Sportages would cost for transmission replacement/rebuild due to a design fault would cost them.!!! report you problem to WATCHDOG<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the same problem, 55 plate crdi.
Rattles like a tray of marbles 1800////2000 RPM.

Still working with my main dealer on a fix.

Main dealer has been very good, and cant fault them.

would be interested to know how you guys get on.

And will post how I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts