Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with Gardx on the windscreen?? I've been finding it very hard to clear the windsceen on cold mornings, the wipers try hard, but almost as soon as they've swept past I can't see again. Its not till the glass is dry that my vision is clear.

I like the way the water rolls off the side windows, but the windscreen is a different matter!

I've been rubbing hard with amicrofibre cloth to see if it will come off and improve things.

Any advice please?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It will be wax on the screen. If you get a good glass screen cleaner like Auto Glym Glass polish it should take all the wax grease off. I have used it to do my screen and it worked well. Also have your screen wash strong as this keeps grease and oil from sticking to the screen. Some of the screen wash out there for sale is pretty poor. I use a minus 20c screen wash from Arnold Clark Renault. Its orange in colour and works great.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The best stuff for keeping the screen crystal clear with no white out use to Clearalex sachets. It was a white powder that dissolved in the washer bottle and it was fab but they dont make it no more. It was made by Decosol. They say the blue Decosol 100ml concentrated screen washis just as good. I've used it and it is good but not as good as the sachets. Here's a link to it on ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEARALEX-Concentrated-Screenwash-Box-24-Size-100-ml-Bottles-/270855780074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f104336ea
The 100ml bottles are more concentrated than the 5litre tubs. Its not cheap but its good.
Another good one is the 5 litres screenwash Lidl sell for about a fiver and it is useable down to minus 60c they say.
Now that the screen is clear of the grease I use the Renault stuff which I was getting 30 litres for £20. I also use this in my van as temp are low where I deliver to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rest of the car is excellent, the water runs off. I've had the car since September and the seats still smell of it and don't appear to be getting grimy, but then again I try to be careful!

You get a "bag" with it as well, that has everything you need for cleaning, including sponge and microfiber cloth etc, bottles of shampoo & polish, there's also a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and a wind up torch!!! lol What more could a girl want???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts