Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Gap insurance is designed to protect the value of the vehicle if being declared a total loss in an accident.
Be aware that some insurance providers offer new vehicle replacement if a loss occurs within the first 12 months after 1st registration.
This type of insurance is very useful if you have finance associated with a purchase. Insurance providers will only pay out market value at the time of any loss, thus the term "Gap" is the difference between market & invoice value.

Loads of Gap insurance providers on the web, have a browse they often give examples as to how it works.

Dealers like selling you Gap insurance at inflated prices (£ commission). 😂

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a 22 sportage just wondering if gap insurance is worth the money and if so who are the best companies to use
Hi, GAP is def worth taking out if finance is used to fund the purchase (or lease) unless you have the means to pay the financial shortfall of a market value insurance pay-out and what is still owed on the car. I have used The UK's original online GAP insurance provider. in the past. Would NEVER buy GAP from a dealer; their numbers will prob be 2-3 times more expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for quick response
I'm with direct line so will find out if they do cover for the first 12 months. Will have a browse on tinernet cheers once again
Hi, GAP is def worth taking out if finance is used to fund the purchase (or lease) unless you have the means to pay the financial shortfall of a market value insurance pay-out and what is still owed on the car. I have used The UK's original online GAP insurance provider. in the past. Would NEVER buy GAP from a dealer; their numbers will prob be 2-3 times more expensive.
Thank you for your reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts