Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if I can still purchase GAP insurance? I purchased my car last October

And if I can, then who is the best to get it with?

Thanks I’m advance

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do an internet search about GAP insurance, it's not one of the best reviewed products sold.
Also, check that you actually need it. A lot of insurance companies offer a 'new' replacement car if yours is totaled withing the first 12, 18 or even 24 months from new. That would seem to make GAP insurance pointless in my eyes unless there is some benefit that the Salespeople didn't explain to me when I was 'forced' to listen to the sales patter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
😂😂 and I didn’t know that insurance companies are offer that now, I’m with Hastings and not heard them say anything as such tbf

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if I can still purchase GAP insurance? I purchased my car last October

And if I can, then who is the best to get it with?

Thanks I’m advance
As above some insurers offer new for old for 12months (some longer) against a total loss event.

Gap insurance is aimed at protecting the difference between the cost of a new replacement vehicle & the insurance book value in a total loss event. Most relevant if you have some type of loan against the vehicle where you could end up owing more money than what the insurer pays out on the loss. :(

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Direct Line will cover you "like for like" on a brand new vehicle for the year of cover only, they do however search around and will only replace your brand new vehicle with an equivalent spec, as near as dam it miles and if you`re lucky, colour, so if you want a brand new replacement then i advise you take GAP insurance for the duration of your required ownership from when you buy it, and it has to be done within the first 180 days of first registration.

I used these people HERE and found them very competitive and reasonable, hope it of some use

·
Registered
178 Posts
I also used ALA, seemed to be much cheaper than Kia!

David

·
Registered
274 Posts
The dealer will want a hefty cut so always better to shop around. Likewise the 'paint protection' rubbish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts