Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Im a future owner of a Sedona, and after some advice prior to me spending some cash.

Im looking at an early sedona as like most people with families at the moment Im strapped for cash. Im looking at the under 2k market.

Ive seen alot of diesel sedonas, which would be my first choice, however I can get alot lower mileage petrol model, probably newer aswell for less money. Now I know this may sound like a silly question but is the extra money worth it? Petrol vs Diesel. These are big cars does it make such a difference, especially with petrol being cheaper. Ive modefied a Mercedes Engine to run on LPG, has this been known on any sedona's?

When looking at a favoured auction site, there are lots with bad heads, water pumps, oil pump problems, are these items common problems? Are they easily fixed etc?

Any advice would be greatfull recieved.

Regards

James

·
Registered
887 Posts
DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....

If it's on that auction site with a headgasket blown, or oil problems... all bull, the liners are gone, I seriously doubt there a V6 sedona on the road on it's original engine, forgotten how many I've changed.

Have I made that clear?
Old design Rover V6 lump that will cause you nothing but grief and your wallet will be empty until the end of time!
Diesel is a much better bet, make sure it's running perfect, and coolant gets to correct temp, can crakc a head if it's run hot, which 90% of time is caused by a burst rear heater pipe hose, these need checking, look above and in front of spare underneath on drivers side, 2 metal/rubber coolant pipes run front to back, very very prone to rusting through every couple of years!
While your there check the rear axle brake pipe, and pipe from the flexis to the front, another rust prone area!

oh and DO NOT BUY A PETROL V6.....
Edited by: murphwiz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts