Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,442 Posts
The question is who is going to benefit by the massive fines?
Will it be ploughed back/wasted on fake green policies. Or will it be lost in the pool of funds that never seems to be seen again. Other than on the gravy train.
It is all well and good striving to bring emission down, but it is never going to be a easy task. There is only so much that manufactures can do.
VW group has paid out at least $25 billion in the US alone for emission cheating. Who is to say it is still not going on, but all manufactures are doing it in some way.
Stop start helps reduce emissions. But as anyone with this system knows, it's not 100% fool proof and can be turned off.
So if testing is based on a fully working ISG system, in real world usage it's cheating the figures.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Meanwhile in Japan they are building new coal fired power stations. There is only one planet , apparently, and we all have the same atmosphere. But, to me, it seems only the Europeans make any effort to do anything on climate change so we are the mugs paying for it all. Too late to emigrate for me but my son in the US finds gasoline cheaper now than ever and he has three cars , two are V6 of course, and a Mini Cooper for a bit of fun. I will drive till I am dead or too old to hold the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts