Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can locate the fuse for the front side lights as both of the lights stopped working at the same time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mk2 or Mk3 Carens? From memory the fuse box is located under the r/h side of the dash with the major relays under the bonnet.

Unusual for both sides to go, they are normally fused in sidesseparately, may be something has sent a surge through them but this normally does other damage, I'd get the charge rate checked at the same time, just in case.

PS: If it's a Mk3 then read the posts on here about changing the headlight bulb, it explains how to remove the lamp as a whole piece which makes changing the bulb much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great as I have a mk11 and one of the cables to the town snapped, so that may have caused a power surge. Now I shall locate a blown fuse near the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both the head lights on my Mk2 Carens just failed at the same time, I still have high beam, a brief check of the under bonnet fuse box showed no fuses had blown, is there another fuse box under the dashboard, any advice please.

·
Registered
476 Posts
From memory they are "handed" so shouldn't both go at the same time due to a fuse, I'd change 1 bulb at a time & see how you get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts