Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 19 gt line estate and was enjoying the car from new until it was 8 months old 6000 mies Since then it has developed a vacum huming noise a bit like a flask, if you no what I mean when your flask can hum. Now it seemed to start when we started to use hill hold as never used it. The noise comes on intermittently at any time, say 5 miles then it could be 20 miles, or on start-up, or when the car is simply ticking over.once it starts itdoesntstop.so it's been to the dealers today and they have told me this is normal carictoristics of this model and rd nothing they can do!!! To me this is unacceptable! Riding around with a humming sound, as I said it didnt sound like this on my test drive and when I drove it off your forcourt!! So my question is has anyone else experienced this noise as it's doing my head in. Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
To me this is unacceptable!
Welcome to the forum, ‘Ps optima’.

What you have described is something I haven’t encountered on my 1.7 litre model but I suggest taking the car to another KIA dealership or to a well-regarded independent garage in your area and asking if you have a fault, because of the symptoms you have described here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, the dealer gave me the number of kia care and they themselves booked me in with another dealer for a second opinion.today the receptionist said she even sat in the car listened then got in another optima and both had the same acceptable huming noise!! I'm lost for words! I can only think the noise wasn't as loud as normal as it can veary in volume. Its defanatly not right even though I was assured the tecnition wouldn't release the car if it wasn't safe :oops:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm afraid I have no idea about any flask huming. That is just bizarre in English. Maybe try to translate from your native language more carefully.
Good luck with your problem, whatever it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omg here we go! Anybody ever heard a flask giving off funny noises! Come on! There must be some fellow fishermen on here.....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Some follow-up on this strange phenomenon would be helpful but I rather suspect we will never discover what the upshot was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts