Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line S hybrid 2wd in Infra Red with black roof
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to see if the car allows fullscreen mode for AA? I know for previous Kia/Hyundai cars only have AA as 2/3 screen, while Carplay would allow fullscreen.

Registered
Still no fullscreen AA for me. Android Auto is supposed to be releasing the "Coolwalk" update in the next few months which is supposed to take advantage of wider screens. But this may still boil down to a KIA Satnav update as well, I'll just keep harassing the dealership for Satnav updates when the car goes in for a service.

Super Moderator
You are aware that you can update the navigation yourself.
Where the below says "Europe" change that to Australia (y)

If there are any.

Registered
You are aware that you can update the navigation yourself.
Where the below says "Europe" change that to Australia (y)

If there are any.
Thanks iooi

I have tried to use the software and set it to Australia. I partitioned a 200gig stick as a FAT32 drive with 28gigs of storage and loaded the update on there. When inserting that into the car's USB though it seems to read it as a music USB and plays a series of about 10 sound fx files that the car uses for the Satnav prompts. The install option is greyed out under the software update section on the Satnav 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Yup, did that.

The software seems to differentiate between an SD card and a USB stick (Depending on the vehicle).
My particular install as asking for an SD card, but there is no obvious location to insert one in the car? 馃

This is why I am using a FAT32 partitioned USB stick under 32 gigs in size.

Registered
@Smeich Which Sportage or Kia do you have as we are in the new Gen5 Sportage section here? Which will be a USB stick.
Yeah that's me, Sportage NQ5.

I'm beginning to think there's something different to the way the software is configured for the Australian version. It just refuses to read the USB as any type of software update and plays sounds fx instead.

Super Moderator
Thanks so it is the 2022 Sportage then (thanks google 馃ぃ )

It could be that it already has the latest software installed.

Checking the Nav updater app for My 22 HEV got to be the new version as Sportage has never had a HEV before this.

Europe site shows.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

Switching to Australia site. So there is nothing for the new gen 5 Sportage. As that is clearly not the screen from the new version.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Electronic device

Registered
Thanks so it is the 2022 Sportage then (thanks google 馃ぃ )

It could be that it already has the latest software installed.

Checking the Nav updater app for My 22 HEV got to be the new version as Sportage has never had a HEV before this.

Europe site shows.

Switching to Australia site. So there is nothing for the new gen 5 Sportage. As that is clearly not the screen from the new version.
Thanks for the sleuthing iooi!

Yeah technically I received my car as a 21' model and saw the "Gen5" so thought that software made sense But now that I see the Nav image difference between the two it's clearly the
top one like your HEV! This is also probably why it was recommending an SD card and not USB.

I'll just be patient and check back now and then to see if there are any updates.

Thanks for the effort!

Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
1 - 16 of 16 Posts