Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I noticed at first night ride with my bought used Optima that high beams shine somewhere to the sky and not on the road. There is very clear visible line where end low beams and start high beams. You can see visible unlit line between them. Does anyone have it same? They are full LED lights equppied with GT Line edition. My local dealer told me that low beams are set ok and high beams can not be adjusted and that it is. It bothers me because high beams are pretty useless like this.
See videos on youtube:
Video 1
Video 2
Thanks

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hi guys, I noticed at first night ride with my bought used Optima that high beams shine somewhere to the sky and not on the road. There is very clear visible line where end low beams and start high beams. You can see visible unlit line between them. Does anyone have it same? They are full LED lights equppied with GT Line edition. My local dealer told me that low beams are set ok and high beams can not be adjusted and that it is. It bothers me because high beams are pretty useless like this.
See videos on youtube:
Video 1
Video 2
Thanks
I had this very problem on my previous car - Hyundai i30. That had LED headlights, main and dip units, and while they were really bright like you the mains were too high. Hyundai accepted there was a manufacturing fault and replaced them under warranty. The replacements solved the problem, so go talk to your dealer and take pictures as he will probably try to fob you off!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my second Optima. Both have same lights. The first was 2016 model, and lights were really fine. The 2019 model i now have do have this problem and it is common. I once got them adjusted and the black line almost diappeared. I have annual service after one month so I will complain again. I know for a fact, that this car with the samw lights can be without this issue, so I will not take explanations.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
Hi & Welcome.
Try this thread. Seems it can be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, there's a eeeor on soft, easy to be dixed in Kia, You just have to tell them what to do and hope they will, i had the same problem and now is gone totally. So, car connected to computer, menu ALFS - LUGHTS - 4bulb need to be changed to BiLed or Dual ir 2bulb, depending on soft. And that's all. Job done and black lane gone forever

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts