Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a 2003 sedona diesel and have read on here that if your fuel pump goes on the car the full comp insurance policy will cover it . mine as not gone and my car is fine touch wood, but all the trouble people are having with them im just getting myself ready if it does go

many regards

leighton

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought you had to get warranty insurance out. As a standard car insurance does not cover you for mechanical problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone said on here the other day that full comp car insurance will cover this and i have seen sedonas on ebay with pumps gone been insurance losses

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well i am fully comp with swift cover and this is on the documentation

ô‚Š loss or damage caused by any mechanical, electrical, computer failure or breakdown or breakage;

ô‚Š loss or damage resulting from incorrectly maintaining or fuelling Your Car or from the use of substandard fuel, lubricant or parts;

I just pulled that off my swift cover user portal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
let me post the whole wording

We will not pay:

ô‚Š for the sum of all Policy Excesses shown in the Schedule;

ô‚Š any amount over that shown in the Schedule for loss or damage to Audio equipment;

ô‚Š loss or damage caused by wear and tear or loss of value;

ô‚Š loss or damage caused by rust or corrosion;

ô‚Š loss of road excise licence or fuel;

ô‚Š any part of a repair or replacement which improves Your Car beyond its condition before the loss or damage took place;

ô‚Š loss or damage caused by any mechanical, electrical, computer failure or breakdown or breakage;

ô‚Š loss or damage resulting from incorrectly maintaining or fuelling Your Car or from the use of substandard fuel, lubricant or parts;

ô‚Š damage to tyres caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts;

ô‚Š loss or damage arising from or in consequence of water freezing in the cooling circulation system of Your Car;

ô‚Š loss of use or other indirect loss;

ô‚Š for loss or damage as a result of theft, attempted theft, fire, lightning, or explosion under this section of the Policy;

ô‚Š for the additional cost of modifications (including any change to the fuel system) other than those supplied and fitted by the manufacturer or their approved garage at the time of original registration;

ô‚Š any costs due to loss or damage to keys (or keyless entry system);

ô‚Š the cost of any alternative transport under this section;

ô‚Š loss of value following repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts