Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked before, does anyone know at what point the low fuel warning light come on? On my 2017 model it used to come on when there was approximately 40miles range left.
On my new car I have never seen it come on. The car currently has 25 miles range and I thought it should have warned me by now.
( I don't normally let the car get this low on fuel, I'm curious as to when the warning appears and I can't find the information in the manual).
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
The only time I've seen the fuel warning was on my last Sportage, a 2017 2.0 litre KX-2. We were returning overnight from Harwich, towing our caravan and the warning light came on with around 25 miles shown on the Miles To Empty read out. Fortunately we new where next filling station was, which was only a few miles after the light came on.
I never usually let the car get that low, but when when we left Harwich I thought we had plenty, but two overnight motorway closures involving some long detours, put paid to that calculation. One thing I do know, it doesn't half make for a fraught journey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.