Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new to this forum and a bit worried. i have a sedona first reg 11/09/05, a 55 plate. i keep reading all these horror stories of fuel pumps failing and costing £4/5000 to get car repaired. are any of the sedonas liable to suffer these failed pumps and is there any thing i can do to prevent it happening. the car has done 27000 mls and has full kia service history. thanks in advance, ray.

·
Registered
662 Posts
buy quality fuel from a large garage that has regular turnover of diesel fuel stay away from supermarket diesel and never use bio or additives

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi paul, thanks for your reply. i dont use supermarket fuel after the tesco scare, but you say not to put additives in, not even delphi? does my car have the same pump as the early sedonas? why do they cost so much to get repaired. thanks again, kind regards ray.

·
Registered
662 Posts
when the pump rotors start to flake the fine metal particles go around the system the fuel filter filters fuel to the HP pump so does not stop metal particles going up to the injectors and HP fuel rail
so to do the correct job the system has to be flushed and all pipes and injectos changed

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a thought.... As a simple peventative to the injectors blocking, would it not be prudent to open the end of the high pressure rail evry few months and let turn the engine over therefore flushing any particles out of the system?
Does the return from this rail go via the filter and back to the HP pump or does it feed back to the tank? Was just wondering how the metal particles got to the filter.

What about chucking a little oil in with each tank of fuel as suggested and any ides on how much. I'm keen on preventing this isssue on my wifes recently accuired 2004 sedonna.

Chris

·
Registered
662 Posts
return goes streight to the tank bad idea opening the hp rail and if the pumps flaking aleedy its not going to help much anyway as for oilno comment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts