Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 1.6 crdi with 130k on the clock. (on the internet) some say its a good idea to use wynns diesel cleaner or the like but others say with modern fuel its not necessary. i've also read that putting it in the tank rather than disconnecting the pipes from the filter and running the cleaned directly to the pump/engine (cant see how they come off) can loosen muck in the tank/fuel line and block the filter!

anyone put it in the tank, or any thoughts?

by th way, how does the pipe from the filter come off - looks like its a fixed connection as i've pushed what looks like a button in the clip in but it still stay on the pipe!!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Why not try the next two tank fills with Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel which is designed to restore and maintain engine
power through active engine protection. It is also designed to act the
moment it hits your engine.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am very much in the not necessary camp. If it aint broke, don't fix it!Unless you are having problems related to the cleanliness of your fuel system I wouldn't bother with the hassle of a fuel system cleaner or the vast expense of Premium Diesel.
Regular servicing, Diesel fuel to EN590 standard and a good run out occasionally are all that is required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info.

i'm very much in the mind of 'do now't' as there isnt a real problem - the car gives a series of very slight 'kicks' or stutters as im going up a hill but its so slight i tend to ignore it as giving it a bit more throttle and it goes anyway - so since there are no codes i assumed it could be dirty injectors.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Just put some Redex diesel injector clean in the tank. We have used it for years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts