Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 sportage. No gas to engine , replaced gas pump inside tank. Still no start. I have 12v on dark blue wire. Could it be I don’t have a ground? What supplies ground to fuel pump? Help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a diesel that had a similar issue..I eventually found that it was the immobilizer that was locking out the Fuel Metering Valve on the high pressure pump. Not sure if the gas engine has a high pressure pump or not. The reason it was locking out Fuel Metering Valve was due to a bad connection between the Immobilizer and the Ignition Barrell. If the connector goes high resistance ( simply due to aging) then the code read from the key can get corrupted & thus lockout fuel delivery. see pic attached for location of connector. Open the connector and use contact cleaner on it and see what happens. also on a side note: The Diesel common rail by default reads 32psi when no fuel pressurized in the line , if you don't know this you may assume you have pressure when in fact nada..!!

Hope this of some help or may provide inspiration to look at an alternate reason for your issue.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.