Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was wondering if anyone has changed diesel pump in 2005 sedona, 2.9 SE, we have been quoted a small fortune by kia to change and some has told me that i should try a car salvage place to get one.

I have done this but was then told the pump is chipped? can i swap out the chip on my pump (the faulty one and put in the doner pump if so is it a complex job and has anyone any ideas of a clever bugger that can do it along with replacing the pump as well.

we are in oxfordshire

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice regarding fuel pump change, have done it now and we are still getting the same problem, was a good working reconditioned fuel pump, have taken back to Kia and they have plugged it in to show that the fuel pump code is in error. the car basically stuggles to fire over its worse when the car is warm than from cold, have left air filter off and spaying damp start on works a treat, anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this as kia certianly dont?

thannks for other speedy reply though

Hutchy22

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stab in the dark mate but I had a ford diesel once that never had its fuel filter changed for 5 years and caused simliar problems that your experiencing. Changed the fuel filter and was amazed how it resolved all problems.

Good luck and plaese post any fixes that you find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for advice, but fuel filter been done and it s not that all the mechanical side been tested now and moving on to electrical, will keep you posted

·
Registered
702 Posts
hutchy22 said:
Thanks for advice, but fuel filter been done and it s not that all the mechanical side been tested now and moving on to electrical, will keep you posted

Was the reason the pump was changed it was breaking up inside? If so chances are the injectors are goosed with fine swarf in them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pump was changed and turned out not to be pump, new pump put in and still same problem, will take a look at injectors though. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murphwiz, your the man, turns out it is fuel injectors one at 90% one at 10% one at 20% one at 75% KIA garage want £210.00 per injector and £400.00 to fit not including vat. Any idear as to part number even second hand they want £450.00 thanks again though murph

·
Registered
887 Posts
£400 to fit???????????????????????????????
It's about 45mins work to remove, reprogramme and refit??

The injectors are individually coded, it wont run 100% if not coded properly, best bet find a delphi agent to recon yours, be around £100 each.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there a fuel adative you can ad to stop the break up of the pump? I have got a old Mitsubishi Delica which I use millers adative, I am looking to buy a 2004 Kia Sedona in 12 weeks, mso all advice needed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts