Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I just got a new car over a week ago as 2010 Estate 7 seater CARENs
GS CRDi Auto 2 litres diesal, , I got to admit it`s a nice strong car.

But, I kinda blown away over fuel mpg, it`s alot less that I`d thought.

Maybe, I`m too used to Citreon Xsara 2 litres diesal which I can drive just under 200miles for a quarter tank.

So, am I missing something here or what? compares to my car which takes nearly a full tank. However, I decided to full my tank up again and start again as from yesterday, now I switched my Air Conditioner off every time I switched my engine on and I will try my best to drive sensibly just to save fuel.

Any ideas?

stevie

·
Registered
207 Posts
hi stin and welcome to the UK forums.

As I said on the US forum, with luck viking Paul or Murphwiz will pop on with some advice.

Again, welcome

Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don't expect anywhere near Citroen economy because you won't get it. I have a 55 plate Carens II 2.o diesel auto. It does 24 around town and just about 40 on a run. I know it's auto, but Citroen diesel auto's will blow that into the weeds.

·
Registered
161 Posts
bad news stin.i had the 07 crdi auto,and along with the dpf problems got rid.i too only got around 24 round town...tho on clear runs the figure improved..40/42.i put this down to just the unsuitably of an auto diesal in the clogged up streets and the dpf getting clogged up as it wasnt getting a good clear run.the car was for ever regenerating.there are a number of threads within this site in relation to the problem.its a real shame because i too really enjoyed the car.it will be worth having a word with your dealer to make sure all your software is up to date for the ems.after five months of ownership i bit the bullit and bought a soul crdi manual 1.6and am averaging a steady 38/42 round town.on the new generation carens they are offering the 1.6 crdi mated to a 6 speed manual,and i for one once money is available will be tempted.[all this was just my experience and i put it down to my driving envrioment]

·
Registered
662 Posts
look at the weight of the citroen vs the carens and the size of the fuel tank but yes real world figures for the carens are what the two useres have quoted pity but thats why they have moved away from that engine to the new 1.7 diesel as fitted to new sportage

·
Registered
476 Posts
Viking Paul: You say 1.7 as in the Sportage, is that not the 1.6 as in the Soul then? Am I right in saying it's gopt 116bhp?Am waiting for my local dealer to get his demo, I've sold my Mk3 & gone back to a Mk2, the mpg was bankrupting me!

·
Registered
161 Posts
super cabby...see a carens 1 1.6 crdi on wessex kia [cardiff] website.just under 13 grand for sale.was wondering if they had made mistake.didnt think there was any in the country yet

·
Registered
476 Posts
HBC: Looked for you, thanks for the weather, we had a fab week.

VP: As Zumbie said, I saw the 1600 for sale as well so "presumed" this was the replacement for the awful dpf junk that was the 2.0. Are you saying the 1.7 is the only engine to go in the Carens now as that contradicts the Kia site or is there another option, or are we confusing the 1.6 with 1.7 but meaning the same engine?

I love the Mk3 bodystyle & everything else about it works perfectly as a cab, just not the engine with its inherent problems that Kia MK can't even sort out.

Mark.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I`d been away from forum but I`m not due lurking and I will post my miles, price and garage prices soon.
Then it will gives an idea how this milenge will work out eventually.

stevie:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts