Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2021 kia sportage and the fuel light isnt coming on. It tells me how many miles I have left until empty but the fuel light doesn't come on. I've only had the car for a month l but haven't seen anywhere that you can turn it off so wondering if this is a fault? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
I can't remember seeing a low fuel light, however I once got the low fuel warning message, by then I was down to 25 miles range. I should point out it was exceptional circumstances as I make a point of never allowing the tank drop below the 1/4 mark.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine goes surprisingly low (I can't remember how low, sorry), but then pops a message on the Sat Nav asking if I want directions to the nearest garage... How cool is that?

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
520 Posts
I tried on my Ceed when first got it, and it came on somewhere around 30-35 miles left. Was surprisingly low compared to other cars I've had.

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
314 Posts
I've never seen a fuel light on my 17 plate, been down to about 40 miles left.
A bit vague but from the manual.
Newspaper Publication Font Material property Paper

·
Registered
209 Posts
My fuel low light comes on and stays on when there is less than 25 miles, same as all the previous Kia's I have owned.
Same, It's definately lower than other brands, you can start with a 25 miles range, and it can lose 15 of those on an 8 mile journey (i may have played Fuel Roulette a few [many] times on the way to work) 😱 but there is definately a light, along with the message on the Navigation Unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts