Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 2.9td Auto

Does anyone know how much fuel is left in the tank when the low fuel light comes on?

The handbook goes into panic mode..."drive staright to a petrol station"..type of thing.

SteveN

·
Registered
536 Posts
It depends mostly on what your MPG is. I would say there would be around 5ltrs left in the tank at most. So if your doing 30mpg, 30miles is all you'll have left roughtly But just remeber that that last 30miles of fuel is full of rubbish in the bottom of the tank. Stretching it may just get you a new fuel filter or worse to pay out for on top of the tank of dervEdited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
702 Posts
t also depends on the type of road and driving style. I have gone 60 or so miles before filling up late at night and then done less than 30 once when it stopped. Best thing to do is fill up when it comes on. Mine tends to come on and fade away numerous times when its getting down towards the light stage

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is not actually true, the fuel pick up is always at the bottom of the tank, so any debris would be sucked up anytime.Any floaties, maybe, but most of tank debris sinks to the bottom.

A myth I'm afraid

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RichieD76 said:
It depends mostly on what your MPG is. I would say there would be around 5ltrs left in the tank at most. So if your doing 30mpg, 30miles is all you'll have left roughtly But just remeber that that last 30miles of fuel is full of rubbish in the bottom of the tank. Stretching it may just get you a new fuel filter or worse to pay out for on top of the tank of derv

Cheers Richie,

5Ltrs
sounds a bit low to me. but what do I know
I asked the question

Our last Sedona was nearer 9ltrs.

If you're towing a caravan then 30mpg is a bit of a stretch, must remember to take the spare can with me when we tow the van.

Thanks guys

SteveN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Had my first sedona for a week now and i work out that when fuel light comes on, tank has 10 litres of fuel left. Total tank size 80 litres, read that somewhere.

And i dont think the fuel light flashes on theses whenvery low.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi all. My Sedona 2001, 2.9 tdi s. when light on I work off 10 litres or 2 gallon. I have driven round trip with light on start to finish, from Blackpool-Blackburn-Preston-Blackpool. No muck came through to affect the drive, but I was wondering if I would run out, and I live behind a garage too. Lucky tho. I get about 36-45 per gal general usage. So I guess I have about 50 miles left at light on point!
Steve Gx Blackpool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts