Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all was wondering if anyone can help me i have a 56 kia rio 1.5 crdi with 27,000 miles on the clock i have a problem of fuel filling up the oil sump i had a local garage check it they told me the tip was worn off number 4 injector i have since replaced this and its still filling up the sump with diesel the way i found out it was filling the sump is because the engine was very hard to turn over like a dead battery so suspected the engine was hydraulicing my local garage are not sure either what is causing the problem can anyone help me any please regards norrie

·
Registered
536 Posts
piston ring or rings must have cracked?It still firing up?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I have posted on the newbie forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem with a petrol ford years ago, the fuel lift pump had a pinhole in the diaphram allowing fuel to leak past into the sump.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
There is no lift pump in tank the fuel is drawn up by the high pressure pump on the engine block which is driven by a chain timing system and pulls fuel through the fuel filter. That is why you have a priming pump on the filter head.
Now the problem with fuel in sump could be an open injector or two and when the fuel rail is pressurized the fuel will go straight into the bores and run down into the sump. That is the only way that diesel can get into sump on that engine.
Are you 100% sure diesel is getting into the sump oil. Is your oil level increasing all the time.
What can cause the hydraulicing effect you said is too much fuel in the cylinders and that could cause it not to turn over.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
thefifer said:
hi there yes the oil level keeps rising and im almost positive its diesel [/QU OTE]

I dont see what else it can be really. I would certainly get the electric side of the injectors checked as it seems one or two are open or not shutting fully.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
If you are sure it is diesel there must be excess entering the cylinders as Davy has said.What is your fuelconsumptionlike,has it increased.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts