Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my tank was showing three quarters full and I have just topped it up to fill the tank. I then noticed that the fuel gauge needle has not moved from the three quarters to show it being full. I drove home which is about 2 miles from garage and no change…. Any ideas? (Car is under 3 years old and is a Picantoo)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hello
Ours did something very similar a few months ago. I'd filled from 3 quarters as you did & it never went up. I ran it for a couple of days & gradually the gauge needle started to go up, then it read ok & of course as I used fuel started to come down. It hasn't done it since.
I think it just got a bit confused somehow but like I say on ours (a "2" trim model automatic) it righted itself after a few days.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello
Ours did something very similar a few months ago. I'd filled from 3 quarters as you did & it never went up. I ran it for a couple of days & gradually the gauge needle started to go up, then it read ok & of course as I used fuel started to come down. It hasn't done it since.
I think it just got a bit confused somehow but like I say on ours (a "2" trim model automatic) it righted itself after a few days.
I had that happen once as well. Only the once and never again. I think what might have "triggered" it was prior to it happening, the tank was near empty and I only had enough money for about a third of a tank! Then the next time I filled it, it did not move to full. But as you say, it slowly started to read properly again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts