Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home last night, car develops a serious hiccup, misfire and the then shuts down.
Luckily I can pull over into a lay-by. No warning lights, won't restart.
The breakdown service are great and get us home safely.
Checking the car later, incase of any warning messages, fuel gauge is suspiciously pointing straight up to half full with 124 mile range. Hmmm.

Looking on the internet I see that over in the USA on the Stinger forum a couple of other drivers have had the same issue. The car runs out of fuel while still showing half full tank.

Sure enough this morning, get a jerrycan of fuel and the car starts immediately. Tank was bone dry. When I filled up, needle returned to full, which makes me think gauge is OK but maybe sender in tank is getting stuck.

Will contact my dealer on Monday to check out but has any one else heard of something similar with KIA?

·
Registered
68-plate Kia Stinger GT S-Line
14 Posts
Driving home last night, car develops a serious hiccup, misfire and the then shuts down.
Luckily I can pull over into a lay-by. No warning lights, won't restart.
The breakdown service are great and get us home safely.
Checking the car later, incase of any warning messages, fuel gauge is suspiciously pointing straight up to half full with 124 mile range. Hmmm.

Looking on the internet I see that over in the USA on the Stinger forum a couple of other drivers have had the same issue. The car runs out of fuel while still showing half full tank.

Sure enough this morning, get a jerrycan of fuel and the car starts immediately. Tank was bone dry. When I filled up, needle returned to full, which makes me think gauge is OK but maybe sender in tank is getting stuck.

Will contact my dealer on Monday to check out but has any one else heard of something similar with KIA?
Did you get anywhere with this? Mine's doing some strange, strange things.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get anywhere with this? Mine's doing some strange, strange things.
Not had a recurrence of the problem since - maybe a one off?
Dealer said they had not come across this problem.

I do now regularly check that the range is decreasing after the gauge reaches half full but as I say so far all working fine.
What’s your strange thing?

·
Registered
68-plate Kia Stinger GT S-Line
14 Posts
Not had a recurrence of the problem since - maybe a one off?
Dealer said they had not come across this problem.

I do now regularly check that the range is decreasing after the gauge reaches half full but as I say so far all working fine.
What’s your strange thing?
This is mine.https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/threads/2-2-diesel-how-many-miles-on-a-tank.63456/unread

It’s in for a diag today so we shall see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts