Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 auto Venga 3, with only 23,000 miles on the clock. It's been perfect until last weekend. I filled it up at Sainsbury's (the pump clicked repeatedly suggesting it was full) and the cost was just under £20 which was what I expected as it wasn't empty, it was a top up.

Did a bit of driving, all in all had covered approx 200 miles when it started to lose power on a dual carriageway and very quickly had to get it onto the verge. The fuel gauge was still registering fuel on it, however we also saw the range calculator hadnt moved . Got the RAC out and to save this being an extra long post...it had ran completely out of fuel but the gauge didn't reflect it. We filled it up (with the RAC 10l of fuel and another 40 at the services) and we could drive again.

Once again have been using it, up to 97 miles since the fill up and the gauge has now got stuck again and the range is also moving super slowly...in 13 miles of driving it has only gone down 1 mile. It's going in to the dealer in a week, anyone else had an issue like this?

Btw my other half was with me when it cut out and it definitely wasn't me being stupid. RAC also said the gauge is faulty!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well it certainly sounds as if the fuel gauge sender is at very least, sticking. A dealer job !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts