Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my fuel filter today and the new filter didn’t come with a replacement o-ring (the one that sits on the thread). Does anyone have a part number for it please? I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to find it online. Thanks guys, appreciate your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Stonie! It’s a 2014 1.6 crdi. It doesn’t have stop/start which I think is the D4FB engine?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry Stonie! It’s a 2014 1.6 crdi. It doesn’t have stop/start which I think is the D4FB engine?
No worries, just blind with no details lol. I've had a look around and cant see a specific 'O' ring part number. It might be best to give your local Kia dealer parts department a ring. They will have the number and probably the part. Be cheap as its a service part and on shelf.

Most replacement filters these days come with the 'O' rings in the box. Might be worth asking next time where your getting them from to check they have them in the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in case anyone needs to know. The part number is 319224H001 and the o-ring comes with the fuel filter from Kia/Hyundai.

I ordered the MANN filter and it doesn’t come with the o-ring. The old one was fine but I’ll swap it over for a new unit shortly.

A tip for anyone who’s thinking of doing this themselves, the filter is supposed to be hand tight but even with an oil filter removal tool I found my original unit was very tight. Don’t expect to be able to remove it by hand.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess the filter's o ring was lubricated.
The seal is probably viton so that oil is OK used sparingly. Dow Corning o ring lubricant, MS - 4, or DC-4 or similar are fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts