Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im just about to service my 2006 Sedona 2.9 diesel and will be changing the fuel filter - its the three pipe filter -once I've swapped the filter do I have to prime it by hand using the rubber bulb next to the filter and also before disconnecting the fuel lines do I need to de - pressurise the system. Cheers

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi connect all the pipes, making sure they are the right way round! prime the system with the inline bulb/pump/primer, you can leave the exit pipe off till you see fuel running out pop the pipe on and carry on priming for a little while, then it should fire up, leave to idle for a while checking for leaks, take for a run and there you go, the system is self priming but when you empty as much fuel as that it needs help to flush the air out. Just imagine the strain on the starter and battery, sorry for going on and on!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys for the info - any idea what the 3rd pipe does - theres obviously a fuel in and and a fuel out but what does the third one do?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers - I could do with some of that - so if I use the bulb to prime the system is that hand relief

·
Registered
195 Posts
done mine twice, just a tip, after priming, you will feel pressure in the bulb, give it a few more squeezes.Mine fires up straight off, then dies, a couple more squeezes, and its fine...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Alcutler: NO NO NO, HAND RELIEF YOU PAY FOR (I think, wife says yes you pay it. Come to think of it, how do you know my wife??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MININUT said:
Alcutler: NO NO NO, HAND RELIEF YOU PAY FOR (I think, wife says yes you pay it. Come to think of it, how do you know my wife??

I deny everything!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts