Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read on this forum that some people recommend removal of the filter housing from bulkhead when changing the fuel filter on the carens, i changed mine yesterday and borrowed my fitter mates removal tool it took just a couple of minutes ,so anybody thinking of tackling this job just get your hands on a scissor style filter removal tool remove the air pipe at the air box and tuck it back and you can get right at it and spin it off !
[another birthday present for the carens 2005 crdi, still got all gears,67000ls small vib at 1500-1600revs]

·
Registered
887 Posts
Been a while since I've done one, but the older filters were just a midgets **** to long and hit the box when unscrewed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was pleasantly surprised when i changed it ,it really does help to have the correct tools murph ,all my diesel experience has been on leyland and volvo trucks with the odd perkins v8 and my tools are now depleated im getting too old to be scrabbling about now,but its off to kia in exeter next week as the car has gone onto 3 again for a minute or so after a bout of heavy right foot over 3500revs joining fast traffic[only clearing the soot out]a diagnostic check is about £48 [bet its +vat]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts