Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, picked up my xceed k3 a month ago i decided to go back to petrol as i dont drive massive annual miles and wanted a change after owning 3 sportages over the years i love the car with its gadgets and looks smashing in penta metal with the dark alloys but anybody else find that the fuel economy is shocking bad,but coming from a diesel i know that its no where near but i would have thought a 1 litre petrol would give better return than 28mpg combined having said that ive only done 500 miles and according to the manual theres a break in period of 700 miles so heres hoping it gets better! any commrntson this would be appreciated Ta

·
Registered
185 Posts
Picanto owners report the fuel computer being set to US gallons on dely, worth checking yours?

Only accurate way to check fuel consumption is the fuel tank brim to brim method:)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ive only done 500 miles
Hi 'Cushdec'.

It's a bit early in your relationship with the X model to draw any meaningful conclusions about its fuel usage but you are right in your expectation that it will improve as the engine gains some mileage.

If you follow the advice from others about measuring fuel use, by always brimming the tank when refuelling and zeroing the trip meter then leaving it alone till the next refuel, you will get an accurate picture of the AVERAGE mpg the car achieves, which is all that really matters. A little basic arithmetic will inform you of the real cost along with the sum shown on your bank or credit card balance.

Ignore any responses that show up with a figure much better than you have achieved so far, particularly if it mentions, '…..but on a run, I get 68mpg, or silmilar.' It's totally pointless as motoring consists, for most people, of a mix of terrain, a mix of traffic volume, a mix of weather, a mix of passenger weight and so on; all that matters is the truth of how many miles/kms are covered in exchange for the price of the fuel used.

I have no doubt that, over the piece, your car will improve in its fuel economy but you will have to be patient and give it a chance. The Xceed is a nice car and I hope you enjoy it but I think you'll miss the relaxed abilities of diesel power and the better fuel economy diesel cars provide.

·
Super Moderator
2,621 Posts
We have 2 of the 1.0 turbo engines. (see sig for mpg)
My Stonic can vary between low 20's to 40 MPG per trip at this time of year. The shorter the trip the lower the MPG due to warm up time.
Picanto does not give a mpg per trip. But daugheter gets 35 to 40 mpg at the moment per tank (got heavy right foot)

I have found that your average MPG will rise over time 20K seems to be the peek where it does not alter much from previous Picanto.

Far better to do brim to brim test to see just what you are getting out of a tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts