Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long journey to make - approx1700 miles and I have a brand new1.0 petrolPicanto and 2007 Sedona 2.9 diesel. I will be driving at a pretty constant 85 miles per hour (in France - it's legal!) and I am not sure how economical the Picanto is at high speeds because I noticed the revs are very high in the car at this speed but I haven't travelled far enough on the motorways to guage the fuel economy.

Does anyone have experience of how good the economy is on the Picanto and which would be the cheapest car to take? As a note diesel is about 1.28 euro per litre in France and petrol is around 1.48 euro per litre.

I don't want to set off in the Picanto and regret it halfway if it starts drinking fuel - I know the Sedona will do this distance on about 4 tanks of fuel at65 litres per fill.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd take the Sedona. It might use a bit more fuel, but a 1 litre Picanto at 85? It'll take forever to get to that speed and the noise in your ears will be unbearable, especially over 1700 miles! The Sedona will be a lot more comfortable and you won't have to worry about space. Plus, you can easily have a proper nap in the Sedona if you get tired.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sedona all the way. Doing 1700miles at 85mph in Picanto is asking for Tinnitus. Eh what was that, was that the phone ringing

Edited by: davy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts