Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone give me an idea as to the final economy of a 1.6 Diesel Ceed SW once run in.
I have just covered 600 miles and average 44 mpg its good but a lot lower than I expected,
very little of this was urban as I live in a very rural location so I would have expected it to be around the suggested Kia average.
Am I expecting too much too soon
I would appreciate feedback
Thanks
Windy

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have driven various makes of diesel for the last 20 years and have found that the engines are not at their best until about 10,000 miles. My 2010 SW3 crdi started off at 38mpg and the last check at 1,000 miles was 42mpg. It will improve with use. Don't forget that winter diesel and cold weather increase fuel consumption, summer diesel is in use from April and will gradually work it way through the supply chain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 09 reg ceed hatch with the 90 HP diesel. The predicted MPG was 62.5 MPG average and I have found driving the car as carefully as possible to optimise fuel economy my milage when new was around 50 MPG. At 5 K the milage had increased to 52 MPH and now with 10 K on the clock I am getting 54 MPG. Yes the milage does improve but it is nowhere near the predicted numbers that Kia publish. Most of my driving is motorway driving and I limit my speed to 60 MPH to try and optimize fuel economy. I am disapointed with the efficiency of the car and have had it back to the dealers on two occasions and have not had any joy from them or Kia Customer Service. The dealer did a fuel usage test which produced 42 MPG and they had tha gall to tell me that they considered that as what they would expect.
We also have an 08 Focus estate with the 90 HP Diesel which gets 60 MPG without trying to optimize fuel economy, with most of the driving being local, so I feel I have a good comparison of what the Kia should do.
I'm so fed up with the orginisation that I have foregone the warranty by doing my own service. £30 versus £190 should compensate me for the additional fuel cost I wasn't expecting.
Appart from that I like the car and would buy another one but I would not make the purchase unless there were some guarantees written into the contract.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts