Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2011 Caren's 7st (just out of warranty). The fuel door release button has become very hit and miss, takes about 10-20 presses to work. I've sprayed the catch with some lubricant spray and everything feels free enough. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? It seems to me more of an electrical issue than a mechanical one. The emergency release works easily. Has anyone changed the button itself? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone that stumbles on this thread. It was indeed the button in the driver's door that had failed. For anyone who wishes to test this I found it impossible to remove the button by prying it out, it was glued in and had to be pushed from inside with the door card off and pryed from the outside at the same time. Simply shorting the connections proved the switch was broken internally. Once removed you can take the switch apart and clean it, but I had already got a replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. Always the switch internals. You can buy switch cleaner to sort, but WD40 will help prevent it happening again also. Most aren't glued in, but are a bugger to prize out. Once switch is opened, clean with de-greaser and emery paper on contacts, then apply a small amount of WD40 - best unplug 1st. reassemble & should work 1st time ever time after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts