Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I recently bought a Kia Picanto 1.1 (06) Auto (with Over
drive) for my Wife and for some reason she is only getting 20/25 to the Gallon,
can anyone advise what maybe the problem.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
My wife has 56 reg only uses around town normally.Ialwayscheck our vehicles consumption each timefillingup as this gives indicator of any problems.Shealwaysgets 34-35 mpg.I suggest first thing to do is take out air filter and turn over and see how dirty.Ialwayschange our air filters yearly regardless of mileage done.We have 2 autos in family and both return the same locally.We also have 2 manuals and they return 39-40 locally.We also have a Sorento and Rio so you can see we love them. ( When in overdrive no red light on dash ,when out of overdrive reg light is on and thisrestrictsonly to 3 gears, this will increase fuel consumption.) Hope this is of help.Edited by: BIRDMAN

·
Registered
86 Posts
We have a 1.1lx auto (55 reg) in mixed driving it returns 36-38mpg,low 30's if just in & out of town,but the low 20's is bad.One thing to check is rear discs are not sticking,as we had this & it drags the economy down.
I found this out before disc damage was done,but the pads wear uneven & do not release fully so wear down fast.

Gazcaz.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2010 1.1 auto 6000 miles on the clock. Getting 36MPH long term average for a mixture of country road, motorway and town use. We expected more but we all know that manufacturers data is a tad optimistic.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Our 54 plate 1.1LX Auto normally gets 38 to 42 MPG with mixed driving.

The worst I've recorded was 36 MPG. The best was 45 or 46MPG.

I'm going to be doing a long run this week coming down to Macclesfield, so it will be interesting to see how it fares.

1. I'd recommend increasing your tyre pressures (I normally opt for 40PSI) but makes sure yours are at the recommended pressures at the very least.
2. Check your air filter to see if it is not blocked up
3. Check the condition of the spark plugs - that will tell you a lot about the condition of your engine
4. Drive the car using a lighter throttle - don't race up to red traffic lights etc. and try to maintain momentum where possible.

To be honest, our Picanto does less MPG than my old Hyundai Coupe....both running around and on a longer run...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts