Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Sportage KXE CRDI AUTO 2.0L AWD in June this year. Currently I am showing 27mpg urban with 34 mpg motorway. The car has now done 5500 miles so should be easing up but I still think this is too low. Garage did emmissions check and said all Ok but I think it should be better?
What are your experiences, please

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks pretty comparable to mine - over 5000 miles it averaged 26.4, but that included about 1800 miles of towing a caravan. Mind you, yours is an auto...

·
Registered
564 Posts
My First Edition 2.0L AWD (manual) showed 42.2mpg on the built in indicator after a 200 mile motorway run to Heathrow and back yesterday and seems to average mid 30's running around town. 10,500 on the clock. It does seem to have gradually improved as the mileage has risen. Quoted combined cycle is 47.1 if memory serves so I'm quite happy with this.Edited by: Griffo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sorry Griffo but I think they also did some Petrol FE's 200 I think, due to demand for them

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI WE HAVE ONE OF THE FIRST EDITION NEW MODEL SPORTAGES 2.0 D AWD MANUAL MODELS SEP 2010.WE WERE DISAPOINTED BY THE FUEEL ECONOMY,AND KNOW EVEN AT 12000 MILES WE ARE STILL ONLY GETTING AV OF 32/33 MPG.WE HAD A CRV 2.2D BEFORE THIS AND WAS GETTING AV OF 36/42 MPG.BUT WE LIKE NEW MODEL VERRY MUCH AND WITH EVERYTHING IN CONSIDERATION ,WARRANTEE ETC WE STILL WOULDNT CHANGE

·
Registered
564 Posts
kiaman said:
Sorry Griffo but I think they also did some Petrol FE's 200 I think, due to demand for them
Oh - OK kiaman, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
564 Posts
JB KIA - I agree. Even if I was getting worse fuel figures I am still extremely happy with the car and if I was getting your mileage figures it would still be better than my last car which was a Land Rover Discovery 3 (and the road tax is considerably cheaper!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI, many thanks to all those who commented on this. I think I will get it re-mapped for ecconomy , maybe a weee bit more power also - will update when possible.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I can put you in touch with one, maybe two firms, who can remap the 1.7 deisel up to 155 bhp and the 2.0 up to 180 bhp.

They both have rolling roads. As has been said, any improvement in consumption is likely to be marginal and has to be balanced against what is likely to be a total loss of warranty on all powertrain and chassis components.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HI, Thanks for reply. i had my last BMW 525 remapped and then put on a rolling road and the bhp increase was tremendous - OK this is a 3 l engine being'opened up' and the fuel consumption was also greatly improved. I would need to discuss with garage what they could do with 2 l engine as it might be near its max output but they seem to think it could be tuned to increase ecconomy.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My car is remapped and the economy is no better or worse. It is considerablyfaster though.

Many factors affect economy and driving style is probably the biggest.

Have a look at Celtic Tuning. They have a solid reputation and are based in Cornwall. Sorry! They do have local agents though.

I know several very satisfied customers ofViezu near Brum, although they seem to have evolved from another company that, in the dim and distant past, had quite a bit of bad press in tuning circles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have just completed my 2nd week with my new sportage KX-2 2.OL DIESEL. I have manually calculated my MPG this time round. Appear to be getting 42mpg now. Have played with the speed and driving method in the last week and found between 69-70mph on the motorway seems to be in a good range for consumption. On filling the tank last time I managed to squeeze in £76. All in, I am happy how the car is performing at present.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a 2.0 diesel AWD KX3 sat nav with skid plates in December. Fuel consumption is abysmal. 32mpg is the most I've had with a mix of urban/motorway driving (60-70mph). Urban only is 29.
Changed from a 2 litre turbo diesel VW Jetta where I got 42 urban and 60 on dual carriageway. Wish I'd never changed to the sportage. The car is a great example of style over substance. Looks good but poor performance.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
To be fair the Sportage is a bigger car than a Jetta and yours also carries the penalty of 4x4. We traded in a 1.9 Ibiza Tdi that used to return nearly 60 mpg on a run, but we did it with our eyes open and we knew that we were in for at least a 10mpg hit on economy. The increase in size and weight made it inevitable. In order to minimise the increase in consumption we ruled out 4x4 because, although nice to have, not having it previously hadn't been a problem .

Initially Mrs T was concerned that the combination of a bigger car and a smaller 1.7 engine would mean sluggish performance (the Ibiza was quite quick) but, in practice, the Sportage just doesn't feel as slow as the official figures suggest. She's still a happy bunny.

·
Registered
536 Posts
and dont forget the VW wouldnt have a DPF that uses fuel to regen itself.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Richie does the DPF in the sportage have active regeneration thought it was passive

1 - 20 of 41 Posts