Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Frunk from those kind folk in Austria, Frunk.at
With new gas struts for the bonnet. Managed to get RHD configuration's, so hopefully it will fit. Bit pricey but will free up lots of space in the boot.
Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Bag Bumper Font

·
Registered
241 Posts
What gas struts have you got? Only ones I have found didn't fit and I got a refund from the seller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not that I'm aware of any issues, but the BRINK tow hitch I fitted to carry the bike rake has probably more impact on the warranty to be honest.
I could easily replace the inverter cover when it needs to go in for a service, although all the reservoirs and inspection points are still accessible with the Frunk in place.
Adding the gas struts tomorrow, as the frunk is a useful store for charging cable but lifting the bonnet in a breeze can be tricky, so fitting struts to control the bonnet.

·
Registered
2021 E niro 4+ in Black
14 Posts
Not that I'm aware of any issues, but the BRINK tow hitch I fitted to carry the bike rake has probably more impact on the warranty to be honest.
I could easily replace the inverter cover when it needs to go in for a service, although all the reservoirs and inspection points are still accessible with the Frunk in place.
Adding the gas struts tomorrow, as the frunk is a useful store for charging cable but lifting the bonnet in a breeze can be tricky, so fitting struts to control the bonnet.
Thanks for that info, might be worth thinking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts