Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a topic about this on the USA forum. Wondering what make of Screen wash antifreeze (deicer) the UK group are using and can recommend....cos my Aldi nor my halfords stuff isnt working!!!....one solid washer bottle here!!.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Renault do a screen wash down to minus 20c. Its looks awffy like whisky to me but tastes slightly different. Amber in colour. Great stuff I use it in my car and van and I get some really low temps up in Rannoch moor and Glencoe in the van.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why in this day and age cant someone invent a heat exchanger in the pipeline. You could wrap the pipe around a hot water hose - not looked to see if this is possible on Soul.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi. My washer fluid from Halfords is working down to -10. Did you buy the already diluted? I used the full strength at around 50-50 mix, maybe slightly more antifreeze, it is difficult to tell when just topping up.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont buy the prediluted stuff..... but the stuff that froze had been diluted......it has been replaced with neat stuff now and is fine.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
correction!!...just dug the tempest out and the bottle of neat washer bottle deicer had frozen and burst in the rear footwell!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, a bottle of neat that I had in the boot froze as well. I made this up as, sorry to admit, my washer bottle joined the frozen club after being subjected to the constant freezing onslaught. Just lasted a while longer than others before freezing, thought I had got away with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts