Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm new here as I'm thinking of buying a Pro ceed.

Took a test drive the other day & I liked it.
What really puts me off is what I've been reading about door mechanism's freezing up.
How many of you have had this problem?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Have read about the frozen door problem but also read that there was a dealer fit kit that prevented water getting to the mechanism and causing the problem. Last winter even with -17 C temps never had a problem thus came to the conclusion that newer Ceedscame factory fitted with the neccessary bits.
Paul

·
Registered
662 Posts
should your car be affected by this issue then there is a fix we have only seen two out of our 400 ceed customers who have had any issues and suttonseven is correct later cars have a diffrent latch mech

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, that's a relief.
My other half would have gone mad if this happened.
Ordered my car today.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had it play up on me....passenger door would not open from the inside (outside only).... this was for about 2 days and in the middle winter...(the cars seen 3)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drakey said:
I had it play up on me....passenger door would not open from the inside (outside only).... this was for about 2 days and in the middle winter...(the cars seen 3)
Thanks Drakey, was the car totaly out of use @ this time or could you get in the car another way & drive it?.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Noswal
Don't worry about it, if its a new car it will have the modified locks, if not get the dealer to fit the modification.

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The driver door was fine, and the passenger door was only an issue for a day or two, never happened since.
The dealers should sort it if it is the old mechanism and it ever happens anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts