Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member and I have a strong feeling that my problem has been aired on many occasions so please can you make allowances .I have a Ceed Strike and this morning my wife came out of work to find the driver door lock would not work with either the key or remote . The only way she could get into the car was via the passenger door but this is problem for her as she has knee problems and caused real issues to access to the car.
Is there anything I can do to try and prevent this happening again , I have the the feeling this may be a common fault , can anyone help please thank you

cliff66

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Door lock could be frozen. Try some warm/hot water about the lock area and once you get it open spray WD40 or similar into locks to chase any water away. Then spray some grease in there once the WD40 has dripped off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Davy since I posted the problem I have contacted the dealer and I am informed that Kia have a kit to prevent this problem and I am to take the car in on Tuesday to have it fitted so I will have to defer your advice until then but should it not work I will certainly do as you suggest

Thanks cliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts