Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all,does anyone have any idea why my 2006 [138bhp] sorento frosts up on the inside of the windscreen on the frosty mornings.takes longer to clear the inside than the outside!!!!!!!getting anoying now.any ideas would be great.the carpets appear to be dry and it doesnt have a sunroof.ta kev t

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try running the Air Con for a time before you end your journey, it should dry out the air in the interior and keep the moisture off the screen. also use the Air Con when you defrost to speed up the process.
Colb

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try selecting Recycle to stop the cold outside air coming in overnight,remember to put it to Fresh when defrosting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I nearly always have the aircon on and often have it set to recycle because a lot of my journeys are sat in traffic and i don't like sucking up the lead car's fumes. I still get the problem. Only on frosty mornings though, i don't generally have condensation on the inside.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had this over Xmas and put the 3 huge bags of silica (like you get the little sachets in a box off trainers) one under each front seat and one in the book. They came with our sofa so were sized to suit. Get the problem much much less. But even with all the will in the world, if you getting in with fet feet of clothes, inevitably you bring water into the car.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Had my Sorento nearly 8 years always get it when very cold ,it does help a little if you have air set on recirculation before switching of at night as it pulls less moist air in.This does completely stop it though.I hadexactlythe same when i had a Discovery before.My neighbours Hyundai is exactly the same

·
Registered
101 Posts
mine has this too.
i think one of the problems is that the sorento doesn't have any air vents likesome othervehicles do have.
for me it feels like there isn't any air going out the cabin.i had a hilux and it had air vents in the rear of the cabin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts