Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just joined the forum so apologies for going straight in with a question but googled the query and can't seem to find the answer. I know the score as I am a member of the VW T5 forum and people normally get caned for asking queries from the off, never mind.

My daughter has just been to visit me as her washer jets are not working. Checked the pump, all ok. removes the hose to the plastic scuttle and a very good flow. Used a needle on n/s and o/s jets, managed to get some water dribble out of the o/s jet bit the n/s jet is bone dry. removed the panel clips from the scuttle but not much access. Managed to hold the hose to the n/s jet and when the pump is operated I can feel the pressure so looks like the jets themselves are choked up and everything is working fine.

How are the jets removed. DO they just need a bit of force using trim tools to remove but getting between the jet body and the plastic surround and forcing out.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem, couldn't clear the jets so bought genuine new ones on ebay.To replace you have to remove wiper arms then the scuttle to get the jets out. Worked perfecly since. I was advised to use quality screenwash designed for fan spray jets.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use a compressor and a length of rubber hose to blow them backwards, obviously remove the pipe so the muck doesn't go back to the bottle/pump or damage the no return valve. You said you can get to the pipes to disconnect them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same problem, couldn't clear the jets so bought genuine new ones on ebay.To replace you have to remove wiper arms then the scuttle to get the jets out. Worked perfecly since. I was advised to use quality screenwash designed for fan spray jets.
Thanks geoffers, I was hoping they could be persuaded out in situ but feared that the wipers and scuttle would need to come out. Will have a look on ebay for new ones, was also thinking of soaking them, once removed, to see if I could get them cleared

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a compressor and a length of rubber hose to blow them backwards, obviously remove the pipe so the muck doesn't go back to the bottle/pump or damage the no return valve. You said you can get to the pipes to disconnect them.
Cheers, Joey, I can get to the tube as it enters the scuttle on the offside and can just about reach to the tubing to the nearside jet but not the the offside one. Will give the air a go with the feed from the pump disconnected. Did try to clear it with a bike pump, pushing from the feed side but no change. I have come compressed air cans in the garage, may work and probably worth a try blowing backwards

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes backwards from the jet to the now unconnected pipe as the blockage will have come from the pump end ie you are more likely to compact whatever it is trying the normal flow direction. The comp might work in the "get you home can of goo and compressor poor excuse for not fitting a spare wheel kit" in the boot with a bit of hose, unless your lucky and have a spare wheel, another way is the garden hose if you have one, take the fitting off the end I would dip the end of the hose in warm water to soften it then turn the tap or get someone else to turn it on, and do your best to seal it against the jet, you are only trying to put slightly more pressure to it than the washer pump normally gives but in the opposite direction obviously, never failed yet tbh. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried compressed air, no use. Looks like the wipers and scuttle are coming out at the weekend.

I wonder if these are covered under the warranty :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts