Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,new to the site only just joined and have a question.

when setting of in my kia sedona 56 reg its a nice drive but when it warms up get very bad vibrations from the front wheels and a noise that sound like i have a flat tyre on off side but when you slow down say to about 40mph or come to a stop they both disappear and it drives really nice again.

also the other week we was going away towing a caravan and needed to fuel up so drove about 20 miles to a garage when got out their was a funny smell coming from the car. whilst fueling up stood by the back wheel could feel alot of heat coming from the wheels checking the others found all 4 to be very hot couldn't touch the wheels they were that hot. so after refuelling drove on for about another 20-30 miles then stopped at motorway services to check the wheels again to find them warm but cool enough touch. also a lot of brake dust all over the wheels.

can anybody help before i take it back to the garage

cheers

steve

·
Registered
682 Posts
Vibration could be wheels out of balance or brake rotors warped, the later could be caused by the brakes sticking or are you resting your foot over on the brake peddle?
Need to have the front wheels and brakes checked.

Bob

·
Registered
662 Posts
your problem is that the brakes are being applied by the servo and this gets worse as the brake fluid expands with heat, if you take the car to a dealer and explain the problem they will space the servo away from the brake master cylinder so releveing the pressure off the actuating rod this operationis obviously safety related and not to be done unless you know the relevent clearences

1 - 4 of 4 Posts