Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need a n/s front shock absorber for my kia Pro-Ceed 16 gt 2015. I have looked online for the part number.Have taken a picture of the shock the number doesn't come up with any results.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Jest looking on ebay at the moment and there seem to be some second hand ones there..from what I have found they seem to cover the ceed and Pro ceed..will post up if I find any new ones.. bearing in mind that shock and springs [for that matter ] should be changed in pairs do you really need a genuine one/pair and wouldn't an after market pair do ok for you just as well..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Part Numbers here

I would agree that a pair of new ones is the way to go

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Part Numbers here

I would agree that a pair of new ones is the way to go
On many occasions the part numbers never get a hit from the parts catalogue and I find that a very strange situation.. I checked it out and didnt post it for that very reason.... and would agree a pair is the way to go and would think at a fraction of Kia prices as well..(y)

Edit-- I am now finding ECP overly expensive for parts and just checked with a parts company that I use extensively.. a LUK clutch kit for my car is around £60 dearer than parts motion [ my company ]and I can get it £30 cheaper than ECP from a local just down the road from me [Motor direct parts ] if I wanted to go that way..also the many comments online about the suspect quality now of parts from ECP puts me right off.. I use a local mobile tech and he wont use them and rates them as suspect when buying their stuff.. believe me there are better out there when you do a search..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked online eurocarparts £115 each Pattern part with discount code.
Kia dealership wanted £99.47 genuine part no brainier next day delivery
All fitted only took 1hr 45 mins such an easy job

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Checked online eurocarparts £115 each Pattern part with discount code.
Kia dealership wanted £99.47 genuine part no brainier next day delivery
All fitted only took 1hr 45 mins such an easy job
Well there you go.. sort off confirms what I said earlier.. only have to look at the price of their batteries to see that they are at it.. they own Gsf as well so dont be fooled by that either..
Good luck getting the job sorted now Bazza..

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised to find getting a new 12v battery through my KIA dealer was cheaper than any non-OEM I found on-line, so just goes to show, as Phil says...

Bazzabugs, as I'm a fellow Proceed GT owner, I'm interested to know what failed on your shocker and at what mileage was it?

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I h
I was pleasantly surprised to find getting a new 12v battery through my KIA dealer was cheaper than any non-OEM I found on-line, so just goes to show, as Phil says...

Bazzabugs, as I'm a fellow Proceed GT owner, I'm interested to know what failed on your shocker and at what mileage was it?
I hit a pothole 2inch deep by 6inch wide bent the shock and damaged the wheel and tyre. My cars done 54,000 had it lowered and change the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I h

I hit a pothole 2inch deep by 6inch wide bent the shock and damaged the wheel and tyre. My cars done 54,000 had it lowered and change the exhaust.
In your case and everyone elses for that matter lowering springs did you no favours what so ever..less rebound and the shock took the brunt of it.. always used the policy of the right shocks for the springs back in my boy racer days.. standard shocks have a longer throw and the shock piston rod doesnt get correctly used where as sports shocks do have the right length rod for the job.. always found that when fitting OEM shocks they didnt last the course..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In your case and everyone elses for that matter lowering springs did you no favours what so ever..less rebound and the shock took the brunt of it.. always used the policy of the right shocks for the springs back in my boy racer days.. standard shocks have a longer throw and the shock piston rod doesnt get correctly used where as sports shocks do have the right length rod for the job.. always found that when fitting OEM shocks they didnt last the course..
Lol I best not say what else I had done to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.