Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Picked up my Ceed yesterday. I am well chuffed, to be honest I wasn't expecting alot from it, just wanted something cheaper to run, I'm blown away by how good a car it is!!! Audio is a bit poor though lol.

Anyways, mine has some black rubbery/plastic rub strips on the front bumper, which spoils it IMO. Is it likely that they are attached via holes, or literally just stuck on? Is there going to be a recess behind them if I take them off?

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi Andy,

I'd imagine that they are stuck on but it's just a matter of knowing how sticky the adhesive is and if removing it would damage the bodywork - especially over the plastic bumper.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Mr.Cee'd welcome to the forum. Can you put a picture up of your bumper please so we can see the strips. I think when the ceed came out there was an accessory to protect certain vulnerable bits of the bumper and they were just stick on.
If you have an account with photobucket.com then take your pics from there and load them via the picture uploader on here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Personally I would just have them colour coded. As long at the paint hasn't faided to much you should be able to blend them right in without removing them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, Cheer for the help so far.

Took this pic

Not very good I know, but you get the idea.

Plan was to give it a good wash & detail session, but I slept through my alarm and ended up having 12 hours lol, didn't get up till 6(pm) (Night worker). OOPS

Edited by: Mr. Cee'D

·
Registered
887 Posts
The are stick on accessories, I'd haighly recommend not trying to get them off, you will make a mess of your bumper, they are properly glued on with special 3M adhesive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts